So I have this theory: no one actually likes kale chips. And I mean, compared to their delicious potato counterpart, it’s really no competition- but not everyone can eat a bag of Lays, and more to the point, not everyone wants to eat a bag of Lays. Cue the entrance of our green chewy savior. Salty, spiced to flavor, and I get my iron. Win, win, win, win, win. Win.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
Yield: As Much As Your Green Little Heart Desires
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1/2 tbs of avocado/olive oil
- Optional, choose one or two: salt, nutritional yeast flakes, chipotle seasoning, pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Strip kale stems and cut into potato-sized chunks. Place in a bowl.
- Drizzle oil onto kale, mix thoroughly.
- Season kale.
- Place kale on pan, spread evenly, with little or no overlap.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until edges turn slightly brown.
- Kale should be crisp and dry.
Whipping up a bowl of kale chips takes hardly any time at all, and depending on how you cut the kale/ how you season the kale, I find this to be a perfect substitute for popcorn. Salty, crunchy, with lots of room for creativity.