I eat a lot of bananas. Unfortunately, I can’t always get to them before they brown, and this has resulted in a rather large pile of suggestively shaped bricks sitting in my freezer. After trial and error with many, many different batters, I finally hit the jackpot.
And the jackpot happens to be gluten free. Hell yeah, baby.
I make the almond meal myself (refer to almond meal/milk) and I find the coconut flour helps to keep the bread from being too damp, if that makes sense. Fair warning, my recipe makes an entire loaf and a dozen muffins.
- 4 ripe bananas
- 3 cups of almond meal
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 2 tsp of baking soda
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tbs of peanut butter
- 1 tbs of maple syrup
- Optional: Crushed walnuts, crushed pecans, brown sugar crumble.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Mix all wet ingredients.
- Combine, mix evenly, and distribute between loaf pan and muffin tin.
- Sprinkle top of loaf and muffins with brown sugar and nuts.
- Bake the muffins for 27 minutes, and the loaf for 58 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Well, I never said this recipe was easy on the sugar, but I have absolutely no regrets there.